A course of five 2-hour lectures given at the London postgraduate taught course centre,
De Morgan House, Russell Square.
- 01/10/09: Last year's page is available for backup,
and until this year's page is ready.
- Time: Mondays, 1.00-3.00 pm, 5th October - 2nd November 2009
- Lecturer: Professor Robert A. Wilson, QMUL.
- Preliminary reading
- I shall be assuming a basic knowledge of group theory, such is
commonly taught in a UK undergraduate maths course. This material can
be found in a condensed form in my notes,
or in more extensive form in any decent book on group theory.
- Lecture slides: the highlights
- Lecture notes: the details
- Problem sheets
Sample exam question
This page is maintained by Robert Wilson. The
views and opinions expressed in these pages are mine. The contents of these
pages have not been reviewed or approved by Queen Mary, University of