A course of five 2-hour lectures given at the London postgraduate taught course centre,
De Morgan House, Russell Square.
- 5th March: New sample exam question (see below).
- 11th November: Slides of lectures 4 and 5 available from the links below. Also problem sheets 4 and 5.
- 21st October: Slides of lectures 2 and 3 available from the links below. Also problem sheets 2 and 3.
- 7th October: Problem sheet 1 available from the link below.
- 7th October: Slides of lecture 1 available from the link below.
- Last year's page is available for backup,
and until this year's page is ready.
- 16th September: Web-page in preparation.
- Time: Mondays, 1.00-3.00 pm, 6th October - 10th November 2008, excluding 3rd November
- Lecturer: Professor Robert A. Wilson, QMUL.
- Preliminary reading
- I shall be assuming a basic knowledge of group theory, such is
commonly taught in a UK undergraduate maths course. This material can
be found in a condensed form in my notes,
or in more extensive form in any decent book on group theory.
- Lecture slides: the highlights
- Lecture notes: the details
- Problem sheets
Sample exam question
This page is maintained by Robert Wilson. The
views and opinions expressed in these pages are mine. The contents of these
pages have not been reviewed or approved by Queen Mary, University of