- 10/12/08:Solutions to Courseworks 3 and 4 are now available.
- 26/11/08:Coursework 4 is now available.
- 20/11/08:Solutions to Exercises 1 and 2 now available (sorry for the delay).
- 16/09/08:Course information in preparation. Link
to last year's pages for back-up.
Course descriptions and course information
- Lectures: Thursday 10-12, Room 513. Tutorials are currently timetabled at Thursday 3pm in Eng 329:
we will see how many of these we need as we go along.
- Lecturer: Professor Robert Wilson, Room G51. For office hours, see my homepage.
1: Introduction and revision: the theorems of Sylow and Jordan-Hölder.
2: Permutation groups and Iwasawa's Lemma.
3: Introduction to linear groups.
Other course material
The recommended course text is
Robert A. Wilson
Created 19 September 2007
Updated 11 December 2008