- 12/12/07:Hints and solutions 2 and 3 available below.
- 11/12/07:Sample examination paper available below.
- 27/11/07:Notes 3 and exercises 3 available below.
- 16/10/07:Notes 2 available below.
- 1/10/07:Supplementary notes on Zassenhaus's butterfly lemma and the Jordan-Hölder theorem available below.
- 19/09/07: Part 1 of the notes is now available. The link to the official module
information should be taken with a pinch of salt: I plan to make significant changes to the syllabus.
The other links are just place-holders for the moment.
Course descriptions and course information
- Lectures: Thursday 2-4pm, Room 513, followed by a brief tutorial.
- Lecturer: Professor Robert Wilson, Room G51. For office hours, see my homepage.
Other course material
The recommended course text is
Robert A. Wilson
Created 19 September 2007
Updated 12 December 2007