MTH4105 Introduction to Mathematical Computing
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some questions which you have asked me about. If you have a question which is not answered below then please ask me and I will add your question to the list below — if you want to know then probably others do too!
- How do I run Maple?
- Practical information on using Maple a QMUL and from outside is given here.
- Will the tests and exams be lab-based?
- No: you will be asked to produce Maple code to carry out various tasks but you will not have an opportunity to test whether your code works.
- Can I use a different package in courseworks and assessments?
- No, you must use Maple. However suggestions will be made during the module for comparing Maple with related packages (Mathematica, Wolfram Alpha, GAP, Sage, Sympy etc).
Back to MTH4105 Main Page