The Colloquium is normally held at 4.30pm on Mondays in room 103 in the
School of Mathematical Sciences, QMUL. Tea is usually available in the common room (room 102)
Important notice concerning disabled access to the building:
“The School of Mathematical Sciences is undertaking a major refurbishment programme that will radically change the design to our building both externally and internally. During the reconstruction, we regret that access to the building will be limited. If this could impact upon your intention to attend a seminar, please contact Bill White on 0207 882 5514 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your particular requirements.”
- 5th October: Peter Cameron.
The power graph of a group. Abstract.
- 12th October: Rob Wilson.
The Suzuki groups. Abstract.
- 19th October: Ben Fairbairn (Birmingham). Spreads of simple groups.
- 26th October: Peter Symonds (Manchester). On the Castelnuovo-Mumford Regularity of Rings of Polynomial Invariants.
- 2nd November: TBA.
- 9th November: No seminar. There will be a symposium to
mark the retirement of Ian Chiswell. Speakers Martin Dunwoody, Jim Howie and Peter Kropholler.
- 16th November: Hans Cuypers (Eindhoven, visiting Birmingham). TBA
- 23rd November: TBA.
- 30th November: TBA.
- 7th December: TBA.
- 14th December: TBA.
Past seminars (since
2002) are listed here.
This page is maintained by Robert Wilson. The
views and opinions expressed in these pages are mine. The contents of these
pages have not been reviewed or approved by Queen Mary, University of
London. Page last updated on 15.10.09