Peter Cameron's publications 1980-1989
- Some sequences of integers, Discrete Math. 75 (1989),
- Groups of order-automorphisms of the rational numbers with prescribed
scale type, J. Math. Psychol. 33 (1989), 163-171.
- A problem on integer matrices, Linear Algebra Appl.
114 (1989), 199-206.
- (with S. R. Thomas) Groups acting on unordered sets, Proc. London
Math. Soc. (3) 59 (1989), 541-557.
- (with P. Frankl and W. M. Kantor) Intersecting families of finite sets
and fixed-point-free 2-elements, Europ. J. Combinatorics
10 (1989), 149-160.
- (with R. Solomon and A. Turull) Chains of subgroups in symmetric
groups, J. Algebra 127 (1989), 340-352.
- (with F. Mazzocca and F. Meshulam)
Dual blocking sets in projective and affine planes.
Geom. Dedicata 27 (1988), 203-207.
- Metric and geometric properties of sets of permutations,
Algebraic, Extremal and Metric Combinatorics (ed. M.-M. Deza,
P. Frankl and I. G. Rosenberg), 39-53, LMS Lecture Notes 131,
Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1988.
- (with M. Deza and N. M. Singhi) Infinite geometric groups and sets, pp.
54-61 in Algebraic, Extremal and Metric Combinatorics (ed.
M.-M. Deza, P. Frankl and I. G. Rosenberg), LMS Lecture Notes
131, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1988.
- (with M. Kiyota) Sharp characters of finite groups, J. Algebra
115 (1988), 125-143.
- (with A. M. Chetwynd and J. J. Watkins) Decomposition of snarks,
J. Graph Theory 11 (1987), 13-19.
- Portrait of a typical sum-free set, Surveys in Combinatorics
(ed. C. Whitehead), 13-42, LMS Lecture Notes 123,
Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1987.
- Some treelike objects, Quart. J. Math. Oxford (2) 38 (1987),
- On the structure of a random sum-free set, Probab. Theory Rel.
Fields 76 (1987), 523-531.
- (with K. W. Johnson) An investigation of countable B-groups,
Math. Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 102 (1987), 223-232.
- (with M. Deza and P. Frankl) Sharp sets of permutations, J.
Algebra 111 (1987), 220-247.
- Digraphs admitting sharply edge-transitive automorphism groups,
Europ. J. Combinatorics 8 (1987), 357-365.
- (with A. L. Wells, Jr.) Signatures and signed switching classes,
J. Combinatorial Theory (B) 40 (1986), 344-361.
- (with F. Mazzocca) Bijections which preserve blocking sets,
Geometriae Dedicata 21 (1986), 219-229.
- Regular orbits of permutation groups on the power set, Discrete
Math. 62 (1986), 307-309.
- Infinite versions of some topics in finite geometry, Geometric
Combinatorics (ed. F. C. Holroyd and R. J. Wilson), 13-20, Pitman,
San Francisco, 1985.
- Cyclic automorphisms of a countable graph and random sum-free sets,
Graphs and Combinatorics 1 (1985), 129-135.
- (with H. D. Macpherson) Rank three permutation groups with rank three
subconstituents, J. Combinatorial Theory (B) 39 (1985),
- (with L. G. Kovács, M. F. Newman and C. E. Praeger) Fixed-point-free
permutations in transitive permutation groups of prime power order,
Quart. J. Math. Oxford (2) 36 (1985), 273-278.
- Four lectures on projective geometry, Finite Geometries (ed. C.
A. Baker and L. M. Batten), 27-63, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1985.
- (with D. E. Taylor) Stirling numbers and affine equivalence, Ars
Combinatoria 20B (1985), 3-14.
- (with R. A. Bailey, A. G. Chetwynd, D. E. Daykin, A. J. W. Hilton, F.
C. Holroyd, J. H. Mason, R. Nelson, C. A. Rowley and D. R. Woodall) On
the intricacy of combinatorial construction problems, Discrete
Math. 50 (1984), 71-97.
- (with P. M. Neumann and J. Saxl) On groups with no regular orbits on
the set of subsets, Arch. Math. 43 (1984), 295-296.
- Aspects of the random graph, Graph Theory and Combinatorics (ed.
B. Bollobás), 65-79, Academic Press, London, 1984.
- Orbits of permutation groups on unordered sets, III: imprimitive
groups, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 27 (1983), 229-237.
- Orbits of permutation groups on unordered sets, IV: homogeneity and
transitivity, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 27 (1983),
- (with J. Saxl) Permuting unordered subsets, Quart. J. Math.
Oxford (2) 34 (1983), 167-170.
- (with C. E. Praeger, J. Saxl and G. M. Seitz) On the Sims conjecture
and distance-transitive graphs, Bull. London Math. Soc. 15
- Automorphism groups of graphs, Selected Topics in Graph Theory
II (ed. L. W. Beineke and R. J. Wilson), 89-127, Academic Press,
- (with C. E. Praeger) On 2-arc transitive graphs of girth 4, J.
Combinatorial Theory (B) 35 (1983), 1-11.
- (with C. E. Praeger) Graphs and permutation groups with projective
subconstituents, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 25 (1982),
- Dual polar spaces, Geometriae Dedicata 12 (1982), 75-85.
- (with J. H. van Lint) On the partial geometry pg(6, 6, 2), J.
Combinatorial Theory (A) 32 (1982), 252-255.
- (with P. M. Neumann and D. N. Teague) On the degrees of primitive
permutation groups, Math. Z. 180 (1982), 141-149.
- There are only finitely many finite distance-transitive graphs of
given valency greater than two, Combinatorica 2 (1982),
- (with R. A. Liebler), Tactical decompositions and orbits of projective
groups, Linear Algebra Appl. 46 (1982), 91-102.
- Colour schemes, Ann. Discrete Math. 15 (1982), 81-95.
- Orbits, enumeration and colouring, Combinatorial Mathematics IX
(ed. E. J. Billington, S. Oates-Williams and A. P. Street), 34-66,
Lecture Notes in Math. 952, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1982.
- (with L. Babai and P. P. Pálfy) On the orders of primitive groups
with bounded non-abelian composition factors, J. Algebra
79 (1982), 161-168.
- Some aspects of ``post-classification'' geometry, Finite
Geometries (ed. N. L. Johnson, M. J. Kallaher and C. T. Long),
113-127, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1982.
- Orbits and enumeration, Combinatorial Theory (ed. D. Jungnickel
and K. Vedder), 86-99, Lecture Notes in Math. 969,
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1982.
- (editor, with J. W. P. Hirschfeld and D. R. Hughes) Finite
Geometries and Designs, London Math. Soc. Lecture Notes 49,
Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1981.
- Finite permutation groups and finite simple groups, Bull. London
Math. Soc. 13 (1981), 1-22.
- Orbits of permutation groups on unordered sets, II, J. London
Math. Soc. (2) 23 (1981), 249-265.
- Flat embeddings of near 2n-gons,
Finite Geometries and Designs
(ed. P. J. Cameron, J. W. P. Hirschfeld and D. R. Hughes), 61-71,
London Math. Soc. Lecture Notes 49, Cambridge Univ. Press,
- (with E. E. Bannai and J. Kahn) Nonexistence of certain
J. Combinatorial Theory (B) 31 (1981), 105-110.
- (with L. Babai, M. Deza and N. M. Singhi) On sharply edge-transitive
permutation groups, J. Algebra 73 (1981), 573-585.
- Normal subgroups of infinite multiply transitive permutation groups,
Combinatorica 1 (1981), 343-347.
- (with J. H. van Lint) Graphs, Codes and Designs, London Math.
Soc. Lecture Notes 43, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1980.
- 6-transitive graphs, J. Combinatorial Theory (B) 28 (1980),
- Extremal results and configuration theorems for Steiner systems,
Ann. Discrete Math. 7 (1980), 43-63.
- A note on generalized line graphs, J. Graph Theory 4
- On graphs with given automorphism group, Europ. J. Combinatorics
1 (1980), 91-96.
- (with D. A. Drake) Partial λ-geometries of
Ann. Discrete Math. 6 (1980), 19-29.
Peter J. Cameron
21 March 2001