HTML - What it actually means
It is rumoured that HTML stands for `HyperText Markup Language'. However, the evidence seems to point to other expansions of this acronym.
- Horrendous Tortuous Messy Language.
- Horrible terribly mixedup language - courtesy of Rob Wilson (as are the next n).
- Horrible truly muddled language.
- How to murder language.
- How to multiply lunacy.
- Hack's trite message language.
- Humungous tremendous monstrous legpull.
- How to miss life.
- How to mangle lists.
- How those men laugh!
- Hell's teeth! More lunacy.
- Holy temple to mindnumbing laziness.
- Headache that mimics lobotomy.
- Heap of true micturated liquid (a.k.a. a real pile of piss!).
- Huge tragic mistake, look.
- Hazardous to mental lucidity.
- Hazardous to mathematical lucubration.
- Hazardous to mortal life.
- Half the men's latrines.
- Here, there - mere logorrhea.
- Have those maniacs left?
- Haha! Teehee! (Manic laughter.)
- Haven't tested many lines.
- Have tasted much liquor.
- Have tried many languages.
- Hard to make lucid.
- Hype takes mockup language.
- He Th M Ly. [Names of sporadic simple groups to the uninitiated.]
- Here's trouble most likely.
- How tortured maniacs live.
- How tortured mathematicians live. (Same thing.)
- Hard to master logic.
- Here's the men's loo.
- Having trouble mending leaks.
- Headache, this monstrous language.
- Have to masticate logs.
- Has too many letters.
- Horrible tragedy made ludicrous.
- Headless Torso of a MetaLanguage.
- Having trouble making love?
- Hopeless tedious moronic language.
- HumptyDumpty TweedleDee meaningless language.
- Hogs and things might levitate (= pigs might fly).
- Horrendously technical mangled language.
- Harder than Mongolian languages.
- Hinders the making of links.
- Horrendous trouble making links.
- Haven't time for more linguistics.
Please e-mail me with any good suggestions.
Return to my homepage.
Last updated 28th May, 1998
John N. Bray