MTH5117 MATHEMATICAL WRITING: assessment
I assume that:
- you work 10 hours a week on this course;
- you check the course's web page every week;
- you check your Queen Mary e-mail every working day.
The coursework constitutes 20% of the assessment
- The coursework must be submitted electronically in pdf format, using
- Any other form of submission requires prior agreement with the lecturer.
- Every submission must consists of a single file.
- Suggested filename is: student_number.coursework_number.pdf, eg.,123456789.2.pdf.
To be accepted, the cwork must
- be submitted by the deadline, in the specified format;
- display the student's number and name;
- demonstrate a sufficient effort;
- cwork which is not accepted counts as not submitted.
Marked scripts are returned only during
the first designated class after the deadline.
Become aware of the standardised feedback used by markers.
Marking queries must be submitted in writing to the
lecturer, with the marked script and within one
week of the script being returned. To speed up the
process, you are invited to discuss any query with
Solutions are given in class, and only in class.
|| sample paper
The final examination constitutes 80% of the assessment
- Examinable material:
Class notes, web-book (chapters 1-9, excluding sections 2.3, 3.5, 4.6, 7.4.1)
- 2 hrs.
- Grade boundaries:
- Standard QM Maths.
Attempt all questions.
Marks awarded are shown next to the questions.
Marks are deducted for incorrect grammar/spelling.
- Feedback on past papers:
If you do a past paper, I'll be happy to discuss your work with you, in your presence.
I don't provide "model solutions" to past papers.