MTH6107 CHAOS AND FRACTALS:
learning and assessment
The coursework is not part of the assessment
- The coursework is
it's designed to
- improve your Calculus skills
- help you become an independent learner.
- Don't submit it; instead, assess it yourself:
- How many hours have I spent on it?
- Have I been resourceful when I got stuck?
- Would anyone understand what I've written?
- A detailed solution to each problem is posted to assist you in
- For additional feedback and help, discuss your work with me
at the exercise class and/or during office hours.
|| sample paper
The final examination constitutes 100% of the assessment
- Examinable material:
Lecture notes, excluding
- Chapter 1, section "Continuous time".
- Chapter 4, section "Measure": pages 4-5.
- Chapter 4, section "Invariant measure".
- Chapter 4, section "Conjugacy": theorem 1, proof of theorem 2.
- Chapter 5, section "IFS": last 2 pages.
- 2 hrs.
- Grade boundaries:
- Standard QM Maths.
Attempt all questions.
Marks awarded are shown next to the questions.
Write your solutions in complete, correct English sentences.
- Feedback on past papers:
If you do a past paper, I'll be happy to discuss your work with you, in your presence.
I don't provide "model solutions" to past papers.