Mathematical Sciences is a busy school within Queen Mary, University of London and has a very strong research record together with high educational standards for its undergraduate and postgraduate students. Over eighty staff and eight hundred students contribute to make a dynamic multicultural environment. The Astronomy Unit within the School of Mathematical Sciences is a leading national and international postgraduate research centre.
In recent years, the School of Mathematical Sciences has seen a marked expansion in terms of student and academic staff numbers.
This role provides professional support for all aspects of undergraduate and postgraduate administration and is a key member of the School's Administrative Team.
The successful candidate will be
• Enthusiastic about delivering high-quality student support and with excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Educated to degree level or with an equivalent professional qualification, and with substantial relevant work experience in an academic environment working with undergraduate students.
• Able to manage conflicting priorities and work both independently and as part of a team.
• Well organised, aware of the need for prompt and effective communication and responsive to variable and seasonal demands within the academic environment.
• Able to understand complex issues and problems and deliver practical solutions.
The post is full time and permanent. Starting salary will be in the range £30,079 - £35,355 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, final salary pension scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Please visit www.maths.qmul.ac.uk for further information about the School.
Please see below to download an application form and for further details about the vacancy. Alternatively please visit the Human Resources website on www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/vacancies.
Completed application forms should be returned, preferably by post, quoting the reference number 10356/SP to The Recruitment Officer, School of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS. Alternatively, applications can be sent electronically, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30th September 2010.
Interviews are expected to be held during week commencing 11th October 2010.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality