Mathematical Sciences is a busy school within Queen Mary, University of London and has a very strong research record together with high educational standards for its undergraduate and postgraduate students. Over eighty staff and eight hundred students contribute to make a dynamic multicultural environment. We currently run MSc programmes covering mathematics, statistics and astrophysics, and intend to expand to cover areas of mathematical finance.
In recent years, the School of Mathematical Sciences has seen a marked expansion in terms of student and academic staff numbers. We are also embarking on a three-year programme of recruitment to academic positions.
This role provides professional support for all administration concerning postgraduate taught and research students and is a key member of the School’s Administrative Team.
The successful candidate will be
· Enthusiastic with excellent administration and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, internet use, experience of databases and web forms.
· Educated to at least A-level or equivalent standard and with administrative experience in an academic environment.
· Able to manage conflicting priorities and work both independently and as part of a team.
· Well organised, aware of the need for prompt and effective communication and responsive to variable and seasonal demands within the office environment.
· Interested in marketing postgraduate programmes and improving the student experience.
The post is full time and permanent. Starting salary will be in the range £24,576 - £30,350 per annum inclusive of London Allowance. Benefits include 30 days annual leave, final salary pension scheme, childcare vouchers scheme and interest-free season ticket loan.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
Please visit www.maths.qmul.ac.uk for further information about the School.
Completed application forms should be returned, preferably by post, quoting the reference number 11115/CA to Recruiting Officer, School of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS. Alternatively, applications can be sent electronically, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th May 2011.
Interviews are expected to be held during week commencing 30th May 2011.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality