The Dynamical Systems and Statistical Physics Group provides a forum for interaction and discussion at the current forefront of research. There is a very active weekly seminar series under the heading Complex Systems Seminar, covering topics in Dynamical Systems, Statistical Physics, and Complex Networks. This is hold jointly with the Complex Systems and Networks Group. In fact both groups have overlapping research interests and together form one of the largest groups in the UK working on statistical mechanics aspects of complex systems.
See the Current Schedule of the Complex System seminar.
The Statistical Mechanics Study Group is another, more informal, seminar of our group. It takes place in a flexible way, often on the occasion of a visitor making a short stopover in London.
International conferences co-organized by group members (from 2014 onwards)
- Large Deviations in Statistical Physics, Stellenbosch, 3-14 Nov 2014 (co-organised by Rosemary Harris)
- 5th Biennial International Conference on Mathematics and Computation in Music, London, 22-25 June 2015 (organised by Oscar Bandtlow and Elaine Chew)
- Statistical Physics and Anomalous Dynamics of Foraging, MPIPKS Dresden, Advanced Study Group July-Dec 2015 (organised by Rainer Klages)
- The Dynamics of Complex Systems, University of Warwick, 18-20 May 2016 (organized by C. Baesens, C. Beck, B. Mestel, M.Muldoon)
- Jamming and Granular Matter, Topical Sattelite Meeting of Statphys 26, London 13.-15. July 2016 (co-organised by A. Baule)
- Phase Transitions in Socio-Economic Systems, QMUL, July 2016 (organised by R.J. Harris, V. Nicosia, and J. Starke)
- Mathematics and Economis of Energy Markets, Wokingham, 19-20 January 2017 (co-organised in collaboration with National Grid by C. Beck)
- FPSAC'17: The 29th international conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics, London, 9-13 July 2017 (chair: T. Prellberg)
(click here for past conferences)