MSc in Mathematics (full-time and part-time, with options in Statistics)
The School of Mathematical Sciences offers a flexible MSc in Mathematics, with options in Statistics, to students who have already done very well in a first degree with high mathematical content. The MSc programme, which starts in late September, is offered full-time over one year or part-time over two.
The modules (lecture courses) offered reflect the research strengths of the School of Mathematical Sciences, and are concentrated in pure mathematics (especially algebra and combinatorics), probability & statistics, dynamical systems, and astronomy. Students can study mostly pure mathematics, pure and applied mathematics (including, if desired, some astronomy and relativity), or mathematics and statistics. The MSc in Mathematics includes a project dissertation, and can provide excellent preparation for those interested in pursuing research in mathematics or statistics.
Why study with us?
- You will be taught by helpful, enthusiastic academic staff who are world-experts in their fields.
- The programme is flexible and it allows you to choose modules in different areas or specialise in one.
- Our unique fast-track statistics option prepares students who have only first-year undergraduate knowledge in probability and statistics to be able to take our advanced statistics modules, and so prepare students for a career in statistics.
- As well as access to the extensive Queen Mary Library resources, MSc Mathematics students enjoy a spacious recently refurbished shared offices in the Mathematics Building and a dedicated computer network with state-of-the-art software and printing facilities.
- We expect to be able to offer on-campus accommodation to all new full-time postgraduate students coming from outside the London area.