We are a vibrant research group with expertise in algebraic, differential and noncommutative geometry, functional and harmonic analysis, mathematical relativity theory, model theory, operator algebras, partial differential equations, quantum algebra and topology. We organize regular seminars throughout the academic year and work closely with other groups in the School of Mathematical Sciences: Algebra, Combinatorics, Dynamical Systems and Statistical Physics.
|Dr. Shabnam Beheshti||Dr. Hans Bantilan||Ryan Aziz|
|Dr. Reto Buzano||Dr. Stephan Mescher||Matthew Bassett|
|Prof. Cho-Ho Chu (emeritus)||Dr. Anna Pachol||Gabriele Beltramo|
|Prof. Michael Farber||Dr. Rodrigo Panosso Macedo||Gabriel Cardona|
|Dr. Pau Figueras (Royal Society Fellow)||Diego Carranza|
|Dr. Xin Li||Chen Cheng|
|Prof. Shahn Majid||Michael Cole|
|Dr. Huy Nguyen||Gianmichele Di Matteo|
|Dr. Arick Shao||Chenxia Gu|
|Dr. Juan A. Valiente Kroon (Head of Group)||Adem Hursit|
|Vaibhav Kumar Jena|
We have many contacts and research collaborators from various institutions abroad including Alberta, Avignon, Irvine, Lisbon, Max Plank, Missouri, Munster, New York, Paris, Pisa, Leipzig, Nice, Queensland and Vienna. Recent conferences and meetings organized by group members include
- British Mathematical Colloquium (Queen Mary, 2014)
- Jordan Geometric Analysis and Applications (Queen Mary, 2014).
- Applied Algebraic Topology Workshop ( Cantabria, Spain, 2014).
- New Frontiers in Dynamical Gravity (Cambridge, 2014)
- Operator Algebras and Dynamical Systems (LMS Workshop, Queen Mary, 2015)
- Geometric Flows and Related Topics (Queen Mary, 2016)
Several members had been awarded in the past research grants from EPSRC, Royal Society, London Mathematical Society and other funding bodies. The following EPSRC, ERC and Royal Society grants have been awarded to some groups members since 2014.
- M. Farber Challenges of Applied Algebraic Topology ( EPSRC £293000 )
- A. Fink Algebra and geometry of matroids (EPSRC £168000)
- X. Li C*-algebras of semigroups and dynamical systems (EPSRC £125000)
- R. Buzano (Mueller) The formation of singularities in Ricci flow and harmonic Ricci flow (EPSRC £125000 )
- P. Figueras New frontiers in numerical general relativity (ERC 1284525 Euro, Royal Society £448008, 2015-2020)
Some books and recent publications
C-H. Chu, Jordan structures in geometry and analysis , Cambridge University Press, 2012.
M. Farber, Invitation to topological robotics, EMS, 2008.
S. Majid, On space and time, Cambridge University Press, 2008.
J.A. Valiente Kroon, Conformal methods in General Relativity, Cambridge University Press, 2016.
Shabnam Beheshti Dressing with Control: Using Integrability to Generate Desired Solutions to Einstein’s Equations in The sine-Gordon Model and its Applications, Nonlinear Systems and Complexity, Vol. 10, 207-231 (2014)
Xin Li : On K-theoretic invariants of semigroup C*-algebras attached to number fields, Adv. in Math. 264 (2014) 371-395.
Reto Mueller (Buzano), Perelman's entropy functional at Type I singularities of the Ricci flow, Crelle 703 (2015) 173-199.
Pau Figueras (with S. Tunyasuvunakool), Black rings in global anti-de Sitter space, JEHP 1503 (2015) 149.
Juan A. Valiente Kroon (with C Lübbe), A conformal approach for the analysis of the non-linear stability of pure radiation cosmologies. Ann. Phys. 328 (2013) 1-25.