The group has a strong network of international contacts and active collaborations, with scientists from the Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems Dresden, TU Berlin, Univ of Austin Texas, KFA Juelich, Rockefeller University New York, City College New York, New York University, Univ Melbourne, McGill University Montreal, Stellenbosch, Saarbruecken Univ, UNSW Sydney, CBPF Rio de Janeiro, Paris-Sud (Orsay), Vienna Univ, and more.
Current research projects funded by EPSRC
The group has been very successful in getting external research grant funding. Current (and recent) major grants are listed below (in alphabetical order of the grant holder)
- Optimizing particle packings by shape variation (Adrian Baule). EPSRC, June 2014-May 2016, value 100K.
- Flood MEMORY: Multi-event modelling of risk and recovery (Christian Beck). EPSRC, Jan 2013-May 2016, value 1.76 Mio (QMUL part: 200K)
- Nash equilibria for load balancing in networked power systems (Christian Beck, Vito Latora). EPSRC. April 2016 - March 2019, value 497K
- Insights into Disordered Landscapes via Random Matrix Theory and Statistical Mechanics (Yan Fyodorov). EPSRC, Jan. 2012- March 2016, value 366K
- Reflect: A feasibility study in exerienced utility and travel behaviour (Rosemary Harris). EPSRC, Oct 2011-March 2015, value 781K (QMUL part: 60K)
- Optimal Packing and Hitting (Oliver Jenkinson). EPSRC, Aug 2014-July 2017, value 312K
- Statistical physics and anomalous dynamics of foraging (Rainer Klages). Max Planck Society, July 2015-June 2016, value 80K.
- Advanced search strategies in anomalous dynamics: Models, Methods, Applications(Rainer Klages). Office of Naval Research Global, Sept 2017-Aug 2019, value 182K.
- A Hybrid Monte Carlo algorithm for simulating phase transitions in dense polymer systems (Thomas Prellberg). EPSRC, Sept 2014-Sept 2016, value 261K.