Dr Rosemary J. Harris
||School of Mathematical Sciences
Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS
||+44 (0)20 7882 5478
|School Fax :
||+44 (0)20 7882 7684
|Email Address :
||rosemary.harris @ qmul.ac.uk
I joined QMUL in 2007 as a lecturer in
Applied Mathematics. I have a D.Phil. in Theoretical Physics from the University of Oxford and held postdoctoral research positions at the Forschungszentrum Jülich and the Universität des Saarlandes.
My interests are focused on stochastic non-equilibrium processes including:
- interacting particle systems, large deviations, fluctuation relations
- applications, e.g., traffic, econophysics, biological modelling.
- A unified framework for the direct evaluation of large deviations in both Markovian and non-Markovian processes, M. Cavallaro and R. J. Harris, arXiv:1603.05634.
- Do environmental concerns affect commuting choices? Hybrid choice modelling with household survey data, J. Roberts, G. Popli and R. J. Harris, Working paper.
- Local structure of current fluctuations in diffusive systems beyond one dimension, R. Villavicencio-Sanchez and R. J. Harris, Phys. Rev. E 93, 032134 (2016).
- Defect production in quench from current-carrying non-equilibrium state , D. Karevski and R. J. Harris, J. Stat. Mech. 033204 (2016).
- Large deviation analysis of a simple information engine, M. Maitland, S. Grosskinsky and R. J. Harris, Phys. Rev. E 92, 052136 (2015).
- Temporally correlated zero-range process with open boundaries: steady state and fluctuations, M. Cavallaro, R. J. Mondragón and R. J. Harris, Phys. Rev. E 92, 022137 (2015).
- Fluctuations in interacting particle systems with memory, R. J. Harris, J. Stat. Mech., P07021 (2015) [Special issue Correlations, Fluctuations, Rare Events and Transport in Non-equilibrium Systems].
- Random walkers with extreme value memory: modelling the peak-end rule, R. J. Harris, New J. Phys. 17 053049 (2015).
- Dynamics of non-Markovian exclusion processes, D. Khoromskaia, R. J. Harris and S. Grosskinsky, J. Stat. Mech., P12013 (2014).
- Fluctuation relations for anisotropic systems, R. Villavicencio-Sanchez, R. J. Harris and H. Touchette, Europhys. Lett. 105, 30009 (2014).
- Fluctuation theorems for stochastic interacting
particle systems, G. M. Schütz, R. J. Harris and A. Rákos, Markov Processes and Related Fields 20, 3 (2014) [Proceedings of the 16th Brazilian School of Probability].
- Dynamics of instantaneous condensation in the ZRP conditioned on an atypical current, R. J. Harris, V. Popkov and G. M. Schütz, Entropy 15(11), 5065 (2013) [Special issue Advances in Applied Statistical Mechanics].
- Large deviation approach to nonequilibrium systems, H. Touchette and R. J. Harris, arXiv:1110.5216, chapter for book on "Nonequilibrium Statistical Physics of Small Systems" eds. R. Klages, W. Just and C. Jarzynski (2013).
- Current loops and fluctuations in the zero-range process on a diamond lattice, R. Villavicencio-Sanchez, R. J. Harris and H. Touchette, J. Stat. Mech., P07007 (2012).
- Traffic of cytoskeletal motors with disordered attachment rates, H. Grzeschik, R. J. Harris and L. Santen,
Phys. Rev. E 81, 031929 (2010).
- First-order phase transitions from poles in asymptotic representations of partition functions, H. Touchette, R. J. Harris and J. Tailleur, Phys. Rev. E 81, 030101(R) (2010).
- Fourier's law on a one-dimensional optical random lattice, T. Platini, R. J. Harris and D. Karevski, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 43, 135003 (2010).
- Current fluctuations in stochastic systems with long-range memory, R. J. Harris and H. Touchette, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 42, 342001 (2009).
- Short-time behaviour of demand and price viewed through an
exactly solvable model for heterogeneous interacting market agents, G. M. Schütz, F. Pigeard de Almeida Prado,
R. J. Harris and V. Belitsky, Physica A 388, 4126 (2009).
- On the range of validity of the fluctuation theorem for stochastic Markovian dynamics, A. Rákos and R. J. Harris, J. Stat. Mech., P05005 (2008).
- Fluctuation theorems for stochastic dynamics,
R. J. Harris and G. M. Schütz, J. Stat. Mech., P07020 (2007) [Focus issue Dynamics of Non-Equilibrium Systems].
- Hydrodynamics of the zero-range process in the condensation regime,
G. M. Schütz and R. J. Harris, J. Stat. Phys., 127, 419 (2007).
- Scaling approach to related disordered stochastic and free-fermion models,
R. J. Harris and R. B. Stinchcombe, Phys. Rev. E 75, 031104 (2007).
- Breakdown of Gallavotti-Cohen symmetry for stochastic dynamics,
R. J. Harris, A. Rákos and G. M. Schütz, Europhys. Lett. 75, 227 (2006).
- Zero-range model of traffic flow,
J. Kaupužs, R. Mahnke and R. J. Harris, Phys. Rev. E 72, 056125 (2005).
- Current fluctuations in the zero-range process with open boundaries,
R. J. Harris, A. Rákos and G. M. Schütz, J. Stat. Mech., P08003 (2005).
- Ideal and disordered two-lane traffic models,
R. J. Harris and R. B. Stinchcombe, Physica A 354, 582 (2005).
- Disordered asymmetric simple exclusion process: Mean-field treatment,
R. J. Harris and R. B. Stinchcombe, Phys. Rev. E 70, 016108 (2004).
In 2015–2016 I am teaching the following course:
For my current Office Hours, please see my official page.
I was instigator of the QMUL Statistical Mechanics Study Group and have been co-organizer of the following workshops:
I enjoy travelling, hillwalking and trying to beat my colleagues at squash. For some years I have been a leader at Rempstone Adventure Camp.
This page is maintained by Rosemary Harris.
The views and opinions expressed in these pages are mine.
The contents of these pages have not been reviewed or approved by
Queen Mary, University of London.